Wireless headsets: call freely from your desk phone!
Despite the increase of smartphones and softphones (software allowing you to call from your computer), the landline phones remained unchallenged in business. Ease of use, optimal sound quality, ability to be reached anywhere (zone without network) and anytime (even in the event of a power failure)…
However, the everyday use of a desk phone – whether corded or cordless – can impose some constraints on its users, especially when used intensively (more than 4 hours per day). What´s the solution? Accessorise your phone by connecting a wireless headset! In fact, many models of corded and cordless phones come with a headphone jack.
Check out some of the benefits of a wireless headset for desk phones:
- Mobility: if your phone is wired, it can be frustrating if you are unable to move with your device while you are on the phone. Thanks to a wireless headset, you can move as you please.
- Hands-free: with a desk phone headset, there´s no need to hold the handset in your hand, which can cause wrist cramps when you spend hours on calls during the day. Therefore, hands-free provides you with the option of multi-tasking. For example, you are free to type of your keyboard or take notes by hand while on the phone.
- Comfort (back relief): with a regular phone, holding the phones between your ear and shoulder for writing purposes can cause twisting of the spine, which can have serious long-term consequences. Maintain your health and comfort in the office by opting for a headset.
- Improved listening: in a particularly noisy environment (a call centre, for instance), it is often difficult to hear the other person clearly by holding the receiver in your ear. With a binaural headset for desk phones in particular, you will be better isolated from background noise and more concentrated. What´s more, the headsets are equipped with an active noise reduction system. In other words, background noises are eliminated so that the other person hears only your voice.
Which wireless device to choose?
The choice of your desk phone wireless headset depends on several criteria:
- The sound level of your environment: if the sound levels are high, we recommend that you opt for a binaural headset that will isolate you more easily. Alternatively, if you work in a relatively quiet office, a headset with one earphone (monaural) could be better suited to your situation. Monaural headsets are even lighter and allow you to remain attentive to those around you, even during a conversation.
- The type of device to which you want to connect the headset to: apart from your desk phone, you may also need to use your headset with another device.
- Discover our headsets for desk phones that also connect to a mobile, a PC or a mobile and a PC