Items 1-48 of 242
- In stock.
£54.99£51.99 £62.39 Incl. VATView
USB headsets with mic: Communicate or listen to music from your PC
Why choose a USB headset with mic?
There are two types of USB headsets: wireless headsets, which use a USB dongle, and wired headsets. At a time when wireless headsets are becoming more commonplace, why opt for a wired headset? Using a wired headset has some considerable advantages over a wireless headset, here are just a few:
• Connectivity: our headsets give you the option to simply plug in and play, allowing you to connect the headset to your PC or Mac easily, using a USB cable. They are therefore much easier to configure as they only need to be connected to the PC and you can use them instantly. If you are not already using other speakers to listen to music, the headset will automatically be recognised as the main device, without you having to configure anything. If this is not the case, you will only adjust a few settings.
• Say goodbye to problems with battery life: do you often forget to charge your devices? With a USB headset with mic, all of your charging worries will be ancient history! In contrast to the wireless headset, the wired headset never needs to be charged because it is directly connected to your computer via USB.
• High-quality sound: it is often said that as Bluetooth headsets are not directly connected, they do not offer the same excellent sound quality as wired headsets. Well, yes and no: today's headsets are becoming more and more technologically advanced in order to provide the best and most faithfully rendered sound possible. It all depends on the models in question. However, with a wired headset, you are can be sure that you will always enjoy high-definition sound.
• Low prices: wired USB models tend to be less expensive than wireless headsets as they are not equipped with a battery.
Which headset should you opt for: a mono or duo USB headset with mic?
If you plan to use a headset to allow you to communicate however you wish from your PC (using softphone software such as Skype for Business and other online conferencing apps), an important factor for you to consider is the environment where you work. Depending on your workplace, you may be more interested in choosing a mono headset with 1 headphone, or a duo headset with 2 headphones.
• If where you work is very noisy, such as open plan offices or public spaces, a duo headset is best suited to your environment. This is because the 2 headphones isolate outside noise more easily, which will allow you to concentrate with less disruptions. You will be able to hear the person at the end of the phone perfectly.
• Conversely, if your workplace is fairly quiet and it is easy to concentrate there, a mono headset could well suffice. This option feels lighter and it will allow you to remain in constant contact with colleagues around you, so you can hear what they are saying and talk to them, without having to take off your headset.
All of our mono and duo USB headsets with mic are equipped with noise-cancellation technology and sound processing. The microphone picks up background noise and suppresses it, so that your caller is not distracted by background noise and instead only hears your voice.
They also offer acoustic protection that eliminates sound peaks in order to protect your hearing throughout the day. For example, sound quality during an interview on Skype can sometimes be poor if there is a bad connection. With this technology, you no longer have to worry, as your listening pleasure is guaranteed!