Bluetooth headsets are an essential in any office environment. A Bluetooth headset is the best option for people who need to stay connected on the go. Allowing users to take calls no matter where they are, the world is your office. However, with so many wireless headphones on the market promising different features, it can be difficult to decide on the perfect headset for you. With so many different styles, brands like Jabra, Sennheiser, Poly, Plantronics, EPOS, Yealink,… and functionalities on offer, you’re guaranteed to find something that suits your working style and we will offer you the best price. If you’re not sure which will be the best Bluetooth headset choice for you or your business, our informative blog posts will be able to point you in the right direction!
Bluetooth headset: choose freedom and flexibility!
Why choose a Bluetooth headset?
As our working patterns continue to evolve, people are becoming increasingly mobile and they therefore require products which are designed to be used while you are on the go. It is for this reason that the Bluetooth phone headset is becoming increasingly popular each year. As its name suggests, this wireless headset can be connected to your devices via Bluetooth, rather than by using a cable. It can be connected to any computer, smartphone, tablet or landline equipped with Bluetooth functionality, allowing you to make phone calls and listen to music. It is the perfect solution to the steadily decreasing use of the jack plug by global mobile phone manufacturers.
Wireless Bluetooth headsets offer great mobility to your daily life: with this type of headset, you no longer need to hold your phone to your ear, which not only frees your hands to write, for example, it also gives the ability to move about freely while you take calls. You are no longer forced to remain in the office, provided of course that you do not travel too far. The range for Bluetooth connectivity is smaller and goes up to a few dozen metres at maximum. However, this technology, which connects devices via radio waves, still provides major benefits to its user. Most importantly, it can be used anywhere, which means you will be able to communicate from the headset even when you are travelling or you are in a Wi-Fi or 4G-free zone.
What are the key benefits of the Bluetooth phone headset?
If you’ve ever considered what some of the Bluetooth headset benefits might be then you’ve come to the right place. Bluetooth is the best technology to enjoy. Here are some of the reasons why.
- Hands-free boosts productivity: This feature is becoming almost essential in the workplace. Studies have shown that having your hands free at work increases your productivity by up to 43%. It is well known that more productivity equals less stress! Bluetooth headsets allow the user to operate hands-free which means you can still: use your computer or make notes while talking to a client, grab a coffee, stand up and stretch,...
- Wireless Bluetooth headsets for a clutter-free desk: Bluetooth headsets are completely wire-free.
- You can be mobile and move about which is really useful for people who need to leave their desk at least semi-regularly
- Automatic connection – can be detected up to 30m away
- Despite being wireless, Bluetooth headsets have low energy consumption which means less time charging batteries
- Bluetooth is compatible with any device
- Superior audio quality: Bluetooth audio can be considered superior in several ways.
- Wearing a headset means the microphone stays in the same position as you move your head and speak – this boosts professionalism because it’s much better for the recipient of your call
- Better quality of sound for you – good for busy offices
- Many bluetooth models are also noise-cancelling which improves sound quality further and leads to fewer distractions for you
- A benefit to your wellbeing: Bluetooth headsets are not just good for convenience, they can genuinely benefit your physical health.
- Holding a phone between your head and shoulder consistently leads to poor posture and potential neck/ back discomfort
- Repetitive strain injury – the better your posture is the less pain you will develop
- Experts recommend that you use a headset for your physical health if you must spend long hours of your job on the phone
- Headset users experienced 35% less muscle tension than handset users
Bluetooth headsets are not a radiation danger – wireless headset frequency is so low that it has been proven to be safe.
Which is the best Bluetooth headset?
In order to choose the best wireless Bluetooth headphones fitting to your needs you have to define which features are important for you:
- Noise cancellation: Our daily lives are filled with background noise that goes unnoticed- from traffic to other people’s conversations we are surrounded by noise. However, these background sounds can be a nightmare when making important telephone calls. Noise cancellation can make your life much easier, especially if you work in a loud office environment. Active noise cancellation detects ambient noise and counters it by omitting its own secondary sound. Equally important, Passive noise reduction is due to the physical design of the ear cup, and how it fits over the ear. Some of the top models also feature three microphones, which make them more effective in cancelling out background noise, in turn giving you superior sound quality.
- Mono, Stereo and HD sound: Perhaps the most important headphone feature to consider is sound quality. However many wireless Bluetooth Headsets boast impressive sounds but don´t deliver on this. Mono headsets feature a single earpiece providing sound to one ear. This design works well on the commute, when you need to be aware of your surroundings or in an office environment where you are interacting with other employees while needing to take calls. If you need to be able to concentrate on your call and not be distracted, a headset with two earpieces and stereo sound will suit you best, providing you with good sound quality together with an immersive experience. If you’re looking for a headset with the very best sound quality, you should be considering HD sound. HD sound headsets operate at 16 KHz, unlike the standard 8 KHz, giving you the highest possible audio quality.
- Battery life: Battery life is another very important factor to consider when purchasing a Bluetooth headset. Although some users may be able to charge their headsets regularly, if you are planning on using your wireless headset on the move you should definitely look for a headset with longer battery life. Normally, the bulkier the headset, the longer the battery life. However, some of the high-end, sleeker and more compact models have battery lives which give their bulky counterparts a run for their money. If you need long battery life, keep in mind that generally, headsets with a battery life of over 6 hours are the most suitable. In addition, some headsets provide portable charging ports which add all-important battery life on the go.
- Comfort and design: Comfort and design are a key consideration if you’re going to be using your headset regularly and for long periods of time. Some people favour over-ear headsets, while others find in earbuds much more comfortable. It’s a personal choice. Have a think about if you’re more comfortable with a headset that sits snugly in your ear, or one that rests on top of it, or has a headband with comfortable ear pads. It’s important that you find the right fit for you. In terms of design, gone are the days of chunky and unwieldy headsets, most nowadays have a sleek design so that you don’t have to worry about looking unprofessional whilst wearing one.
- Voice command: The voice command functionality has become increasingly important for people living busy lives. Most wireless Bluetooth headsets allow the user to check battery life, answer and reject calls, and pair with their devices. Nowadays we are able to use the voice command functionality alongside features that are built into our smartphones, tablets and other Bluetooth devices. This makes the wireless headsets easier to use while driving, exercising or working. If you plan to use it on the move, for example when you’re commuting, it’s an important consideration, and will make your life much simpler when you need to take a call!
- Multi-point pairing: Multi-point pairing keeps all of your audio needs in one place. For example, if you’re playing music off your computer and your phone begins to ring, the headset will pause the music and receive the call instead. Multi-point also allows you to connect to more than one phone at a time, useful if you need to take calls from your mobile as well as from your desk phone. Most wireless headsets have either have simple multi-point or advanced multi-point. Both allow you to connect to two devices at a time, however, while simple multi-point drops the first call if you answer a second, advanced multi-point is able to put the first call on hold.
What is the best hands-free Bluetooth headset?
- Jabra for is Evolve Series designed with personal and professional interest in mind. With passive noise cancellation built into every Evolve headset, combined with the fact that they are specifically made both for making calls and listening to music, they provide a state-of-the-art solution for noisy environments. Jabra Evolve series headphones can be used with your desktop PC via USB connection, while some can additionally be used with your mobile phone/tablet via 3.5mm jack. The Jabra Evolve series headsets can be used at work, at home or even on your commute - they allow you to have high-quality, hands-free conversations no matter where you may be. With comfort and performance in mind, Jabra have created the most complete headset series yet.
- Sennheiser create the SC 100 headsets make a great impression. From their contemporary sleek styling to great sound for calls and multimedia, they excel in all areas: at your workstation, on the move around the office or on your commute to work, there is a variant tailored to your needs. With discreet boom arm design, adjustable fit and a choice between acoustic foam or soft leatherette ear pads, the Sennheiser SC 100 headsets are built for flexibility and comfort. If you are working in a noisy environment, you will benefit from the Voice Clarity technology in Sennheiser headsets. With a noise-cancelling microphone and detailed sound, every word comes through crisp and clear. It’s as if you’re having a face-to-face conversation.
- Poly Plantronics with the Savi 8200 Series gives you long-range roaming while enjoying the outstanding quality of enterprise-quality DECT audio, available in two headset styles: stereo and mono. All devices in the Savi 8200 series come with active noise cancelling (ANC) which blocks out background noise so you can always stay focused on what’s important. Whichever model you choose, you’ll sound your best even in noisy environments. For the most sensitive environments, you can turn up noise cancelling with the close conversation limiting feature for additional privacy.