Headset Buying Guide
With over 300 headset models to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start when buying a headset for your home or office. The following questions will help you understand the different models and features you have to choose from. You can also download our free buying guide by clicking the link below for more information.
A study commissioned by Plantronics in 2016 showed that using a headset can improve productivity by as much as 43%. With both hands free, there’s no need to put your tasks on hold while you talk.
2. Comfort and health
With a headset, you will no longer have to spend your calls uncomfortably cradling your phone handset with your shoulder while trying to get things done with your hands. This is not only bad for your posture, but also causes unnecessary fatigue. Using a headset reduces neck and back discomfort as you can rest your head in a neutral and comfortable position all day long.
3. Reduce missed calls
Ever missed an important call because you were away from your desk for too long? It has been proven that using a cordless headset can reduce missed calls by 57% as you can answer calls even while away from your handset.
If you’ve decided to invest in your first headset, be sure to download our full buying guide that will help you decide on the best model for your individual needs.
1. What devices do I use to talk?
2. Where will I use my headset?
3. Do I want a corded or cordless headset?
4. Do I want a monaural or binaural headset?
5. Which wearing option suits me?
With the answers to these questions in mind, you will be better placed to choose the right type of headset for you.
For guidance on how to answer each of these questions, download our in-depth buying guide that will take you through the decision process.
To check compatibility, call us on 0333 123 3050 for expert advice.
A binaural headset has two earpieces, like traditional headphones. This type of headset is suitable for people who like to focus all their attention on their calls.
If you work in a large or noisy office, a noise-cancelling microphone will ensure you are heard, rather than the background noise.
• The best cordless headsets for desk phones
• The best wireless headsets for cordless phones
• The best cordless headsets for PCs
• The best wireless headsets for mobile phones
• The best headsets for telephones and PCs
• The best selection of headsets for telephones and mobiles
• The best headsets for mobiles and PCs
• The best headsets for desk phones, PCs and mobiles
• Headband - the most stable of the options • Earhook - the most discreet wearing option • Neckband - a behind-the-neck alternative to the headband style • Convertible - if you want the flexibility to change wearing style For more information on each of these options, download our in-depth buying guide that will take you through the decision process.