Make your daily work easier by choosing a wireless headset !
What are the benefits of the wireless headset ?
Do you make calls very often in the context of your profession and need mobility? Choosing a wireless headset is the best alternative! Move easily within your company during the day, thanks to its range up to 180 meters and its long autonomy (more than one day). No matter where you are, you can make a call directly on your headset, even if you are not near your extension or communication device. The wireless headset is indeed equipped with very practical remote controls, such as the hook-and-hold button, volume control, or even the secret key (which mutes the microphone so that the other person can no longer hear).
In addition to the issue of mobility, this type of headset also provides the user with great user comfort, facilitating concentration and productivity at work. No need to hold a handset or smartphone when you make a call, thanks to the wireless headset your hands are free to do all sorts of things: write (by hand or on a computer), consult files, drink coffee, etc. From a health point of view, you avoid wrist cramps on extended calls and protect your back. You no longer have to hold the phone between your shoulder and your ear to enjoy a little more freedom, a gesture causing twisting of the spine, chronic back problems and fatigue.
Finally, always enjoy the best sound, even in a noisy environment! If you work for example in a noisy open space, call centre, or you call in a busy place (station, airport ...), your interlocutors will never be bothered by the background noise near you, thanks to the noise-cancelling microphone that our helmets are equipped with. By their intelligent sound processing, your voice is clear and intelligible, the noise of your environment is reduced. Your hearing is also protected from loudspeakers that may occur during a conversation, thanks to the acoustic protection technology.
How to choose your wireless headset ?
The choice of your future helmet depends on several factors:
• Your type of use : is it frequent or occasional? If you place fewer calls in the day (less than 2 hours per day on average), the entry-level headset is for you! It is ultra-light and has excellent value for money. If on the other hand, your use is frequent or intensive (more than 4 hours each day), a more robust helmet will suit you better: its life will be longer and will provide you with a higher comfort of use, these helmets being specially designed for intensive users.
• The sound volume of your workplace : two large families of headsets exist: with a headphone (mono) or two headphones (duo). The mono headset is particularly suitable for users in quiet offices or needs to remain attentive to their surroundings, even during their communications. While the duo headset is ideal in a noisy environment: thanks to its two insulated earphones, you are cut off from the outside world and no longer distractions, you are fully focused on your phone conversation and therefore more effective.
• The device (s) you are using and receive calls from: the wireless headset is not directly connected by a cable to a phone for example, but its base yes. As a result, not all our helmets connect to the same devices. Some are only compatible with desk phones (RJ connection), others with Bluetooth mobile phones, PC / Mac (USB connection) or cordless phones (DECT connection). For convenience, some models of headphones are multi-connections: they allow you to connect several different devices simultaneously (your smartphone, your desk phone and your PC for example), and thus manage all your calls from a single helmet.
Which is the best wireless headset?
In order to choose the best wireless headphones fitting to your needs you have to define which features are important for you:
- Noise cancellation: Our daily lives are filled with background noise that goes unnoticed- from traffic to other people’s conversations we are surrounded by noise. However, these background sounds can be a nightmare when making important telephone calls. Noise cancellation can make your life much easier, especially if you work in a loud office environment. Active noise cancellation detects ambient noise and counters it by omitting its own secondary sound. Equally important, Passive noise reduction is due to the physical design of the ear cup, and how it fits over the ear. Some of the top models also feature three microphones, which make them more effective in cancelling out background noise, in turn giving you superior sound quality.
- Mono, Stereo and HD sound: Perhaps the most important headphone feature to consider is sound quality. However many wireless Bluetooth Headsets boast impressive sounds but don´t deliver on this. Mono headsets feature a single earpiece providing sound to one ear. This design works well on the commute, when you need to be aware of your surroundings or in an office environment where you are interacting with other employees while needing to take calls. If you need to be able to concentrate on your call and not be distracted, a headset with two earpieces and stereo sound will suit you best, providing you with good sound quality together with an immersive experience. If you’re looking for a headset with the very best sound quality, you should be considering HD sound. HD sound headsets operate at 16 KHz, unlike the standard 8 KHz, giving you the highest possible audio quality.
- Battery life: Battery life is another very important factor to consider when purchasing a wireless headset. Although some users may be able to charge their headsets regularly, if you are planning on using your wireless headset on the move you should definitely look for a headset with longer battery life. Normally, the bulkier the headset, the longer the battery life. However, some of the high-end, sleeker and more compact models have battery lives which give their bulky counterparts a run for their money. If you need long battery life, keep in mind that generally, headsets with a battery life of over 6 hours are the most suitable. In addition, some headsets provide portable charging ports which add all-important battery life on the go.
- Comfort and design: Comfort and design are a key consideration if you’re going to be using your headset regularly and for long periods of time. Some people favour over-ear headsets, while others find in earbuds much more comfortable. It’s a personal choice. Have a think about if you’re more comfortable with a headset that sits snugly in your ear, or one that rests on top of it, or has a headband with comfortable ear pads. It’s important that you find the right fit for you. In terms of design, gone are the days of chunky and unwieldy headsets, most nowadays have a sleek design so that you don’t have to worry about looking unprofessional whilst wearing one.
What is the best Wireless headset?
- Jabra for is Evolve Series designed with personal and professional interest in mind. With passive noise cancellation built into every Evolve headset, combined with the fact that they are specifically made both for making calls and listening to music, they provide a state-of-the-art solution for noisy environments. Jabra Evolve series headphones can be used with your desktop PC via USB connection, while some can additionally be used with your mobile phone/tablet via 3.5mm jack. The Jabra Evolve series headsets can be used at work, at home or even on your commute - they allow you to have high-quality, hands-free conversations no matter where you may be. With comfort and performance in mind, Jabra have created the most complete headset series yet.
- Sennheiser create the SC 100 headsets make a great impression. From their contemporary sleek styling to great sound for calls and multimedia, they excel in all areas: at your workstation, on the move around the office or on your commute to work, there is a variant tailored to your needs. With discreet boom arm design, adjustable fit and a choice between acoustic foam or soft leatherette ear pads, the Sennheiser SC 100 headsets are built for flexibility and comfort. If you are working in a noisy environment, you will benefit from the Voice Clarity technology in Sennheiser headsets. With a noise-cancelling microphone and detailed sound, every word comes through crisp and clear. It’s as if you’re having a face-to-face conversation.
- Poly Plantronics with the Savi 8200 Series gives you long-range roaming while enjoying the outstanding quality of enterprise-quality DECT audio, available in two headset styles: stereo and mono. All devices in the Savi 8200 series come with active noise cancelling (ANC) which blocks out background noise so you can always stay focused on what’s important. Whichever model you choose, you’ll sound your best even in noisy environments. For the most sensitive environments, you can turn up noise cancelling with the close conversation limiting feature for additional privacy.
What are the key benefits of Wireless Bluetooth headphones?
If you’ve ever considered what some of the wireless headset benefits might be then you’ve come to the right place. Bluetooth is the best technology to enjoy. Here are some of the reasons why.
- Hands-free boosts productivity: This feature is becoming almost essential in the workplace. Studies have shown that having your hands free at work increases your productivity by up to 43%. It is well known that more productivity equals less stress! Wireless headsets allow the user to operate hands-free which means you can still: use your computer or make notes while talking to a client, grab a coffee, stand up and stretch,...
- Wireless headsets for a clutter-free desk: Bluetooth headsets are completely wire-free.
- You can be mobile and move about which is really useful for people who need to leave their desk at least semi-regularly
- Automatic connection – can be detected up to 30m away
- Despite being wireless, Bluetooth headsets have low energy consumption which means less time charging batteries
- Bluetooth is compatible with any device
- Superior audio quality: Bluetooth audio can be considered superior in several ways.
- Wearing a headset means the microphone stays in the same position as you move your head and speak – this boosts professionalism because it’s much better for the recipient of your call
- Better quality of sound for you – good for busy offices
- Many bluetooth models are also noise-cancelling which improves sound quality further and leads to fewer distractions for you
- A benefit to your wellbeing: Bluetooth headsets are not just good for convenience, they can genuinely benefit your physical health.
- Holding a phone between your head and shoulder consistently leads to poor posture and potential neck/ back discomfort
- Repetitive strain injury – the better your posture is the less pain you will develop
- Experts recommend that you use a headset for your physical health if you must spend long hours of your job on the phone
- Headset users experienced 35% less muscle tension than handset users
Bluetooth headsets are not a radiation danger – wireless headset frequency is so low that it has been proven to be safe.