• Reduced costs of communications: using VoIP is much cheaper than using traditional telephony as your calls will be conducted over the internet and will not require physical phone lines. With an IP phone, you can make calls abroad as you will benefit from much cheaper rates, which you would not have been able to enjoy if you were using an analogue telephone line. Also, if your company has branches abroad, you can even link them up to create an internal network, which would give you completely free calls!
• Increased flexibility: with IP telephony, you can add as many telephone lines as your internet connection will allow, giving you significant flexibility. You will no longer need to install additional phone lines, saving you from an expensive and time-consuming process. With this technology, you can easily add or delete lines, in light of how your business grows and develops. All you have to do is connect a telephone to each of your VoIP lines in order to set up your company’s offices quickly and easily.
• Greater mobility: thanks to using the internet, you can access your phone wherever you are, which is particularly helpful when you are travelling or working from home, because employees are no longer associated with a telephone line but rather a telephone extension. You can even use your number on a different company VoIP phone. Also, thanks to data synchronisation, you can easily access all the services you need, such as your e-mail, from wherever you are.
What functions does a IP phone have?
Our corded phones offer many benefits for when you are conducting business calls:
• Make calls using a headset: most of our phones have a headphone jack, so you can easily connect a headset and make hands-free calls. You will no longer need to hold your phone handset during your calls! A headset can also be a great solution if you work in a very noisy office as it will isolate you from workplace noise and disruptions. With a wireless headset, you could even take your calls remotely using remote control keys.
• Share your audio with colleagues: if you do not have hardware for audio conferencing, you could use one of our phones for audio conferences as they are equipped with a micro speaker. Your collaborators will be able to hear the caller on the line and take part in the conversation too.
• Dial your most frequently contacted numbers quickly: this type of phone offers programmable keys to store your most frequently used numbers. All you have to do is press a button to make the call, without needing to dial the entire number or use a telephone directory.
• No need for a power outlet: many VoIP phone models use PoE (Power over Ethernet). They are powered directly through the network cable, so there is no need to have a nearby outlet.
Power over Ethernet (POE) - What is it?
Power over Ethernet (PoE) is a technology that works to power certain devices, such as IP phones, over network cables rather than traditional AC power outlets. Therefore, this reduces the need for multiple cables. In turn, enjoy a less cluttered setup and greater flexibility to organise your office space.
Nowadays, many IP phones now come with ‘PoE’ support – or Power over Ethernet – but what does this actually mean? Below, we’ve tried to clearly explain some of the main benefits and features of PoE. This way, you will be fully informed before making your purchase.
PoE, as well as reducing clutter by eliminating the need for extra power cables, has other benefits. It lowers installation costs, as a qualified electrician is not required to install network cables, unlike with AC outlets. On top of this, PoE can be plugged into an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS). Unlike a mains outlet, a UPS will allow the devices to function for a short period in the case of a power cut.
Which VoIP Phones do we recommend?
As there are many brands on the market like Cisco, Poly, Yealink, Grandstream, Snom,… All manufacturers offer good quality and secure calls. Here we propose to you some of the best series spotted by Onedirect.
- Polycom VoIP Phone VVX series
Polycom offer series of expandable VoIP phone which comes with extraordinary capabilities and is easy to be accessed. Designed for those wanting a high degree of accessibility users will be able to access a wide range of features including the Microsoft Exchange, be able to update their calendars, find and receive notifications and retrieve products in the corporate directory. These advantageous points are followed by the ability to obtain full interaction and navigation options via the mouse and others. For those who are looking for straightforward and concise features the Polycom VVX VoIP series offers power over ethernet as well as the advanced Polycom HD sound for the most up to date sound quality. What´s more, this phone comes in multiple languages, meaning that it is perfect for international environments.
- Yealink IP Phone series and Video Phone series
Global giants pride themselves on the innovation and creation of unified communication and collaboration solutions. Phones range from business class HD colour screen models to phones with cutting-edge touchscreen displays. Here at Onedirect we stock a variety of models suitable for all types of environments. Yealink business phone series meets the needs of various commercial spaces. It works well in open workspaces, executive offices and huddle rooms, connects and collaborates businesses of all sizes with affordable access to the industry's best audio quality and professional HD video. With built-on HD Voice and Acoustic Shield for distraction-free voice clarity, the Yealink business phone series offers the industry's best audio quality to ensure your voice is heard clearly. And thanks to built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless headsets connection, you will enjoy enhanced mobility.
When it comes to communications solutions, Yealink is a global leader. They pride themselves on market-leading quality, innovation and user-friendliness. With a specialism in video conferencing and voice communications, their video phones are a range you don´t want to miss. Here, we take a look at Yealink video phones and why they are worth the buy.