At Onedirect we take your privacy very seriously
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to 01DIRECT LTD via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws; Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies); Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK; GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679; 01DIRECT LTD,
01DIRECT LTD, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 08294893 whose registered office is at Wilberforce House, Station Road, London, NW4 4QE; UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011; User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by 01DIRECT LTD and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to 01DIRECT LTD and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and Website the website that you are currently using, www.onedirect.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, 01DIRECT LTD is the "data controller". This means that 01DIRECT LTD determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c. IP address (automatically collected);
d. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
b. data is received from other sources; and
c. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
d. analysis cookies;
e. analytics cookies;
f. first Party Cookies;
Data that is received from third parties
Data that is collected automatically
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
12. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
13. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
14. We may use your Data to show you 01DIRECT LTD adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you 01DIRECT LTD adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed "Cookies" below).
Who we share Data with
b. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly;
c. third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
Keeping Data secure
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
18. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
21. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
24. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
25. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
28. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
29. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
31. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
32. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling 01DIRECT LTD to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
|Targeting cookies||These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.|
34. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
36. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
37. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
41. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
42. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact 01DIRECT LTD by email at email@example.com.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|First Party Cookies:||These are cookies that are set by this website directly. We use Persistent Basket Cookie to remember what you have put into your shopping basket over an extended period of time. This Cookie only stores basic data about your basket strictly for use by our website. The cookie has an expiration of 12 months.|
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|Analysis cookies:||These help us to determine the number of visitors to our site and how these visitors use our site. This helps us to improve the way the website works and measure the success of our promotions, so we can continue to make improvements to our services. Examples of this type of cookie are Google Analytics, etc.|
|Advertising cookies:||This type of cookie remembers your browsing history and helps to personalize your shopping experience by making the information that you see, such as advertising, relevant to your interests. Examples of this type of cookie are Google AdWords, etc.|
We use the following functionality cookies:Description of CookiePurposeThird Party Cookies:We use Nosto which is a separate service to the website and is not involved with the core functionality like orders, payment and deliveries etc. Nosto sets two different kinds of cookies: 1. A cookie to log visits to the website; and 2. A cookie to log visit history (shopping basket restore and product browsing information).
We use the following targeting cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|Leadfeeder cookie||We use Leadfeeder which is also a separate service to the website and is not involved with the core site functions like orders, payment, deliveries etc. Leadfeeder collects data which may include information that can itself be used to identify and/or contact you. Any information we collect from you via third parties may be used to contact you with regards to Onedirect products and services, and in order to operate, improve and personalise our website.|