The Peltor LiteCom Plus is a 2-way radio headset with a level dependent listening function, which protects your ears from extremely loud noises, but allows you to hear what is going on around you, such as conversations and warning signs. This version has been designed for use with hard hats.
This is a headset that has been designed to be used in challenging environments, providing high levels of protection in and safe communications in environments where noise levels could cause permanent hearing damage, such as:
- Manufacturing and industry
With 8 channels, 121 sub-channels, VOX hands-free and PTT, the Peltor LiteCom Plus has all the functions of a portable radio and can communicate with any other LiteCom headsets or PMR446 headsets in the vicinity which are programmed into the same channel.
It also has a separate audio input for connecting mobile phones or external handheld radios. You can take incoming calls from your mobile and radio, as well as listen to music with excellent sound quality.
The Peltor LiteCom Plus has a built-in active volume function, which ‘listens’ to your surroundings and adapts to what it ‘hears’, so you’ll still be able to hear what is going on around you, such as warning signals, machine sounds and conversations, but you’ll be protected against loud sounds above 85dB. The electronic technology inside the ear cups analyses the information and processes the sound before reproducing it to the ear. Very loud sounds are reduced to a safe level of 82dB and quiet sounds are amplified to an audible level.
Hearing protectors need to be worn 100% of the time in noisy environments to avoid the risk of hearing damage, which is why this headset has been designed to be easy to use, so there is no need to remove the headset. The menu is voice guided and the controls are intuitively placed. If the headset is inactive for two hours it switches itself off. When you begin to talk, the chosen channel is opened immediately, while the noise-cancelling microphone filters out environmental noise, so you can be sure to be heard clearly.
This is the helmet attachment version of the LiteCom Plus, which is designed to fit easily to the majority of hard hats. The Peltor LiteCom Plus is also available in headband and neckband versions. Please call us for more information.
*The range of a PMR446 radio varies a lot depending on where you use it. The maximum range given by manufacturers is based on ideal conditions, such as from hilltop to hilltop, but the range you actually get will be much less if you are in a built-up area. Trees, walls, hills and even the weather can affect the range of your radio. If you require longer range two-way radios, please see our Licensed Two Way Radios page.
- Ear defender with built-in PMR446 two-way radio
- SNR: 33dB
- Slot fitting onto hard hats
- Level dependent function for ambient listening
- 3000m range*
- 8 channels, 121 sub-channels
- PTT and VOX
- Noise cancelling electret microphone
- PVC and polyether foam ear cushions
- Li-Ion quick charge battery
- Battery life: 20 hours
- Auto power off function
- Battery status indication
- Voice guided menu
- CE approved: PPE directive 89/686/EEC, R&TTE-directive, 1999/5/EG, ROHS-directive, 2011/65/EU
- Weight : 491g
- Colour : dark blue
|Frequency||License-free: analogue PMR446|
|Use||For intensive use|
|Comes with case and accessories||Without case|
|ATEX certified||Without ATEX certification|
|Water resistant||Not water resistant|
|Military standard||Not confirmed to military standard|
|Channels - Sub-channels - Codes||8 - 38|
|Range||Up to 3km|
|VOX/iVOX hands free||With earpiece|
|Standby time / Talk time||20 hours|
|Battery||NiMh or AA|
|SOS button||Without SOS button|
|Vibrate function||Without vibrate function|
|Voice encryption function||Without voice encryption|
|Scan function||Without scan function|
|Room monitoring||Without room monitoring|
|Roger Beep||Without roger beep|
1 x ACK081 battery
1 x power supply
1 x AL2AI cable
1 x hygiene kit
1 x microphone protector
- How to choose two-way radios [Online guide]
- How to choose ear defenders [Online guide]
- Two-way radio guide [PDF]
- Ear defenders guide [FAQs+PDF]
- Waterproof radio guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Ear defenders features [Explained]
- Two-way radio accessory guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Hearing protection for manufacturing [Best buys]
- Two-way radios [FAQs]
- Ear muffs for construction [Best buys]
- Ip ratings explained [Online guide]
- Hearing protection: the risk of loud sounds [Explained]
- License-free or licensed radio [How to choose]
- VHF or UHF radio – what’s the difference?
- Best two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]
- Best Motorola two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]