The Motorola CLP446 is an ultra-lightweight and compact licence-free two-way radio, stylishly designed for quick and effective communications and ideal for retail, hospitality and restaurant environments.
The CLP446 is small, light and very user-friendly, featuring a large push-to-talk button, with a textured surface for quick and easy access. The embedded antenna ensures that the CLP446 remains compact, with no external parts to get in the way. Additionally, the Motorola Smart Status Glow light changes colour, indicating the channel, transmit, receive or scan and the battery status.
With strong, clear audio, the CLP446 ensures that you can communicate in any environment. Its battery life of up to 14 hours ensures that you can go a full working day without needing to charge your device, for all-day conversation. A voice menu system and VOX capability allow users to keep their hands free whilst working, and with one of a range of Motorola earpieces (sold separately) you can make sure that your conversation is discrete and private.
Designed to Mililtary Standard 810C/D/E/F/G, the CLP446 is highly durable, resistant to low pressure, extreme temperatures, vibration and shock. It is additionally treated with built-in anti-microbial properties - ideal if handsets are to be used in a shared environment.
- 8 channels
- Channel scan and monitoring functions
- Lightweight and compact, stylish design
- Large PTT button with textured surface
- Embedded antenna
- Smart Status Glow indicator light
- Strong, clear audio
- Up to 14 hours battery life
- Voice menu system
- Military Standard 810C/D/E/F/G
- Anti-microbial properties
- 2.5mm jack for headset use
- Dimensions: 49 x 88 x 19mm
- Weight (incl. battery): 80g
*The range of a PMR446 two way radio varies a lot depending on where you use it. The maximum range given by manufacturers is based on ideal conditions, such as from hilltop to hilltop, but the range you actually get will be much less if you are in a built up area. Trees, walls, hills and even the weather can affect the range of your radio. if you require longer range two-way radios, please see our Licensed Two Way Radios section.
|Frequency||License-free: analogue PMR446|
|Use||For everyday use|
|Comes with case and accessories||Without case|
|ATEX certified||Without ATEX certification|
|Water resistant||Not water resistant|
|Military standard||Confirmed to military standard|
|Channels - Sub-channels - Codes||8|
|Range||Up to 5km|
|VOX/iVOX hands free||Without hands free kit|
|Standby time / Talk time||9 hours|
|SOS button||Without SOS button|
|Vibrate function||Without vibrate function|
|Voice encryption function||Without voice encryption|
|Scan function||With scan function|
|Room monitoring||Without room monitoring|
|Roger Beep||Without roger beep|
|Size||49 x 88 x 19mm|
|Connector accessory||Motorola 1 pin|
Lithium-Ion battery pack and battery door
Swivel belt-clip holster
Drop-in tray charger with transformer
Instructions and safety information
- How to choose two-way radios [Online guide]
- Two-way radio guide [PDF]
- Waterproof radio guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Two-way radio accessory guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Two-way radios [FAQs]
- Ip ratings explained [Online guide]
- License-free or licensed radio [How to choose]
- VHF or UHF radio – what’s the difference?
- Best two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]
- Best Motorola two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]
Have a question?
Find answers below or ask our Experts.
- whats the range with these devices thanks