The Kenwood TK-3401D ProTalk 446 radio offers both analogue and digital technology in one hand-portable.
This radio has double the amount of usable channels compared to current analogue PMR446 radios, therefore ensuring less channel congestion for easier communications - it provides 32 channels for 2 zones i.e. 16 channels per zone. Digital technology provides superior sound quality even when there is weak signal, increasing coverage by 20% more than with an analogue radio.
AMBE+2 vocoder technology accurately replicates the human voice to ensure superior voice quality, even when in a noisy environment and the integrated BTL amplifier and large speaker deliver 1 watt audio output so you can hear easily.
This radio is ultra-lightweight, weighing just 280g with an IP rating of IP54/55 for water and dust resistance as well as military standard 810 C, D, E, F & G environmental standards.
The TK-3401D can be programmed by the user with no need for additional software, they can change the channel frequency, QT tone or DQT code with ease.
*The range of a PMR446 radio varies a lot depending on where you use it. The maximum range given by manufacturers is based on ideal conditions, such as from hilltop to hilltop, but the range you actually get will be much less if you are in a built-up area. Trees, walls, hills and even the weather can affect the range of your radio.
- 2 License-free radios
- ETSI TS102 490 compliant dPMR 446
- Dual mode (user selectable analogue/digital)
- FDMA 4-level FSK modulation
- Frequency range: 446.1 - 446.2 MHz (digital) 446.0 - .1 MHz (analogue)
- Channel spacing frequency 6.25 kHz (digital) 12.5 kHz (analogue)
- Congestion-free communications (32-ch/2-zone)
- Extended range*
- IP54/55 rating
- Military standard 810 C, D, E, F & G
- AMBE+2 vocoder
- 1.0W BTL amplifier
- User programmable software
- Kenwood quality
- TK-3301 accessories compatible
- 2000 mAh Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- Battery life 14 hours
- Companded audio per channel
- 3 colour LEDs
- Key lock
- -30°C to +60°C
- Adjustable microphone gain
- Voice annunciation
- Microsoft Windows PC Programming and tuning
- Scan Del/add function
- Size: 54 x 122 x 35.5mm
- Weight: 280g
|Frequency||License-free analogue/digital hybrid PMR446 + DPMR446|
|Use||For intensive use|
|Comes with case and accessories||Without case|
|ATEX certified||Without ATEX certification|
|Water resistant||Water resistant|
|IP Rating||IP55 rating|
|Military standard||Confirmed to military standard|
|Channels - Sub-channels - Codes||16 + 16|
|Range||Up to 10km|
|VOX/iVOX hands free||With earpiece|
|Standby time / Talk time||18 hours|
|Battery||2000 mAh Li-Ion|
|SOS button||Without SOS button|
|Vibrate function||Without vibrate function|
|Voice encryption function||Without voice encryption|
|Scan function||With scan function|
|Room monitoring||Without room monitoring|
|Roger Beep||With roger beep|
|Size||54 x 122 x 35.5mm|
|Connector accessory||Kenwood 2 pin|
2 x Belt-clip
2 x Rapid charger with EU power supply
2 x UK power adapter
2 x Li-Ion battery
- How to choose two-way radios [Online guide]
- Two-way radio guide [PDF]
- Waterproof radio guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Two-way radio accessory guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Two-way radios [FAQs]
- Ip ratings explained [Online guide]
- License-free or licensed radio [How to choose]
- VHF or UHF radio – what’s the difference?
- Best two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]
- Best Motorola two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]
Have a question?
Find answers below or ask our Experts.
If you have any doubt about this product, please submit your questions here and we will respond in the shortest time possible.