The Vertex VX-459 is an industrial-grade licensed two way radio, military tested for ruggedness, is perfectly designed for heavy duty use.
When coupled with its IP57 ingress and dust protection standard, allowing the radio to be submerged to a depth of 1m for up to 30 minutes, the VX-459 is tough enough to handle any situation. This handheld radio requires a licence for use in the UK. Please see below for further details.
This radio includes an impressive 512 channels with up to 32 groups to make large-scale communication projects simple and efficient. The VX-549 improves upon other models in the VX-450 series with its 8 alphanumerical display and Direct Channel Entry function, which allow for fast and clear navigation.
Both economical as well as safety-conscious, this radio includes a built-in emergency notification that will send an emergency unit ID and transmit with a live microphone, perfect when working alone.
The Man Down function is designed to monitor a variety of worker timed safety scenarios as well as worker degree of motion, which allows users to adapt their communications system to their particular work environment.
If lost or stolen, the VX-459 can be remotely disabled either by Stun command (for temporary disabling) or Kill command (for permaent disabling).
This radio features 700 mW loud audio output, which is perfect for noisy work environments. The Channel Announcement will clearly and loudly announce the channel description for when you're focused on other tasks.
There are 6 scan options including Priority, Dual Watch, Follow Me and Talk Around scan
Unique to Vertex Standard radios, the Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS) will inform you when another ARTS-equipped device is within communication range. When out of range for over 2 minutes, the radio will alert you that no signal has been received, ideal for keeping everyone coordinated.
If you would like to order this product or any other licensed two way radio, please call us so we can help you choose the correct frequency, antenna, battery and charger.
|VHF||VX-459-D0-5 C||134 - 174MHz||512||Yes|
|UHF||VX-459-G6-5 A||400 - 470MHz||512||Yes|
- Licensed two way radio
- 512 channels make large group communications simple and easy to manage
- IP 57 rating for dust and water protection
- 2 versions available: VHF and UHF
- ARTS system - Alerts you to when another ARTS equipped device is within your range of communication and even alerts you when contact has been lost.
- Up to 18.5 hours battery life with battery saver function enabled and when running on the VHF system
- Radio-to-radio cloning
- 9 programmable keys
- Clear Voice and Whisper features mean you will always be heard, whatever the environment
- Record up to 120 seconds of voice messages using the option DVS-8 Voice Storage Unit
- Emergency button and Lone Walker alerts
- Man Down function designed to monitor a variety of worker timed safety scenarios as well as worker degree of motion.
- Energy saver function to prolong battery life
- MDC 1200 encode/decode
- Connector for earphones and other accessories
- CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
- Scan function with 6 options
- Weight : 296g
- Dimensions : 109 x 58.5 x 43mm
The price of this radio does not include programming costs. Onedirect can programme your Vertex/Motorola two way radios at a cost of £5 per radio (Excl. VAT).
If you already have a licence, please send us the last page of your licence papers. Alternatively, you can send us one of the radios from your existing fleet, so we can copy the frequencies and programme your new radios.
If you do not hold a licence, Onedirect can apply on your behalf for a fee of £10 (Excl. VAT).
|Use||For intensive use|
|Comes with case and accessories||Without case|
|ATEX certified||Without ATEX certification|
|Water resistant||Water resistant|
|IP Rating||IP57 rating|
|Military standard||Confirmed to military standard|
|Channels - Sub-channels - Codes||512|
|Range||Up to 25km|
|VOX/iVOX hands free||With earpiece|
|Standby time / Talk time||Up t0 18.5km|
|Battery||2400 mAh Li-Ion|
|SOS button||With SOS button|
|Vibrate function||Without vibrate function|
|Voice encryption function||With voice encryption|
|Scan function||With scan function|
|Room monitoring||Without room monitoring|
|Roger Beep||Without roger beep|
|Size||109 x 58.5 x 43mm|
2400 mAh FNB-V113LI Battery
CLIP 18 Belt clip
VAC-450C Rapid charger