The Midland G18 is a new PMR446 two-way radio, built to endure harsh environments and hard use. With an IP67 rating and an aluminium die cast chassis, it is completely protected against dust, and can be immersed in water up to 1m depth for up to 30 minutes.
The scrambler function can provide you with private conversations, and vocal tuning offers announcements of the channel or function that was just selected, for ease of use. The G18 also offers Scan and VOX functions, and features 99 channels - 8 PMR446 channels and 91 pre-set. It also has 50 CTCSS tones and 105 DCS codes. Additional features include a multifunction key, roger beep, battery save setting, monitor and squelch.
The high capacity, 1600mAh Lithium Ion battery pack can provide up to 19 hours operating time. With additional programming software (sold separately), you are also able to programme the compander function and activate the FM radio, as well as increasing the performance of your radio by enabling or disabling CTCSS, DCS, TOT, VOX etc.
- PMR446 - licence free
- IP67 resistance to dust and water
- Aluminium die cast chassis
- Scrambler function
- Vocal tuning
- Scan function
- 99 channels (8 PMR446 and 91 pre-set)
- 50 CTCSS tones
- 105 DCS codes
- Multifunction key
- Roger beep
- Battery save setting
- 1600mAh Lithium-Ion battery pack
- Up to 19 hours operating time
- Optional programming software and other accessories
- Dimensions: 113 x 56 x 38mm
- Weight: 240g including battery
|Frequency||License-free: analogue PMR446|
|Use||For intensive use|
|Comes with case and accessories||Without case|
|ATEX certified||Without ATEX certification|
|Water resistant||Water resistant|
|IP Rating||IP67 rating|
|Military standard||Not confirmed to military standard|
|Channels - Sub-channels - Codes||8 - 50 - 105|
|Range||Up to 9km|
|VOX/iVOX hands free||Without earpiece|
|Standby time / Talk time||19 hours|
|SOS button||With SOS button|
|Vibrate function||With vibrate function|
|Voice encryption function||Without voice encryption|
|Scan function||With scan function|
|Room monitoring||Without room monitoring|
|Roger Beep||With roger beep|
|Size||113 × 56 × 38mm|
|Connector accessory||Midland 2 pin|
- Radio with belt clip
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion 1600mAh battery pack
- Wall adapter
- Desktop charger
- Quick guide
- How to choose two-way radios [Online guide]
- Two-way radio guide [PDF]
- Waterproof radio guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Two-way radio accessory guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Two-way radios [FAQs]
- Ip ratings explained [Online guide]
- License-free or licensed radio [How to choose]
- VHF or UHF radio – what’s the difference?
- Best two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]
- Best Motorola two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]
Have a question?
Find answers below or ask our Experts.
If you have any doubt about this product, please submit your questions here and we will respond in the shortest time possible.