Durable two-way radio with a long-lasting battery life
The Entel HT983 Entry LCD ATEX Approved IIC is a licensed two-way radio, operating on the UHF 400 - 470MHz frequency band, which provides loud and clear audio within a robust and highly resistant radio casing. This radio requires a license for use in the UK. Please see below for further details.
The Entel HT900 radios are submersible - with an IP68 rating, they are completely impervious to dust and can withstand up to 1 hour submerged as deep as 1 metre in water. They also exceed MIL Spec 810 C/D/E/F standards and are additionally designed to be highly resistant to shock and vibration. As an intrinsically safe radio, the Entel HT983 Entry LCD is ATEX certified and complies with IIC T4, the most stringent ATEX ratings.
Rechargeable, long-lasting battery life
The HT983 Entry LCD is powered by a 7.4v 1800mAh Lithium-Ion battery, which intelligently counts its charge cycles and will warn you when it is nearing the end of its battery life. It provides an impressive length of charge and retains its charge up to three times longer than standard batteries. This battery is rechargeable and a charging unit is provided with your HT983 Entry radio.
This 255-channel radio features a scan/priority scan function as well as VOX compatibility, allowing you to connect a VOX headset for hands-free use (accessories sold separately). A programmable channel monitor button and 4 'channel shortcut' buttons make the Entel HT983 Entry simple and user-friendly, and the radio will alert you when the battery level is low.
LCD screen for clear data
A clear, LCD display on this radio means it is now even easier to make and receive calls. This screen also shows you the battery level, the charge cycle count of the battery and the receiving signal strength.
For the security of the user, a Local Personal Attack Alarm is offered by this handheld two-way radio, for aid in emergency situations.
If you want to purchase this product or any other licensed radio, please call us so we can help you choose the correct frequency and antenna for your licence.
This radio operates on the 400 - 470MHz frequency band and is also available in the following variants. Call us for advice on which model to choose. Prices may vary.
|VHF||HT913||66 - 88MHz||255||Yes|
|VHF||HT923||136 - 174MHz||255||Yes|
|UHF||HT983||400 - 470MHz||255||Yes|
|UHF||HT983U||450 - 520MHz||255||Yes|
- Entel HT983 Entry LCD ATEX UHF Two Way Radio
- UHF 400 - 470MHz - ideal for urban use
- IP68 - impervious to dust and submersible up to 5m for 1 hour
- MIL-Spec 810 C/D/E/F
- ATEX certified and IIC approved
- Clear, LCD display showing battery charge, number of charge cycles and receiving signal strength
- 255 channels
- Shock and vibration resistant casing
- 7.4v 1800mAh Lithium-Ion battery (charging unit included)
- Scan/priority scan function
- VOX enabled
- Programmable channel monitor function
- 4 'channel shortcut' buttons
- Local personal attack alarm
- Dimensions (including battery provided): 130 x 59.5 x 37mm
- Weight (including battery and antenna): 277g
The price of this radio does not include programming costs. Onedirect can program your radios at a cost of £10 per radio (Excl. VAT).
If you already have a license, please send us the last page of your license papers. Alternatively, you can send us one of the radios from your existing fleet, so we can copy the frequencies and program your new radios.
Licence FAQ Section:
How to apply for a licence:
This Motorola two way radio is available to be programmed as:
UHF: 403 - 470 MHz
*The maximum range given by manufacturers is based on ideal conditions, such as from hilltop to hilltop, but the range you actually get will be much less if you are in a built-up area. Trees, walls, hills and even the weather can affect the range of your two-way radio. Rule of thumb is that for every 1 watt you will get 1 mile of coverage guarantee, or more depending on the conditions.
|Use||For intensive use|
|Comes with case and accessories||Without case|
|ATEX certified||With ATEX certification|
|Water resistant||Water resistant|
|IP Rating||IP68 rating|
|Military standard||Confirmed to military standard|
|Channels - Sub-channels - Codes||255|
|Range||Up to 10km|
|VOX/iVOX hands free||With earpiece|
|SOS button||With SOS button|
|Vibrate function||Without vibrate function|
|Voice encryption function||Without voice encryption|
|Scan function||With scan function|
|Room monitoring||Without room monitoring|
|Roger Beep||Without roger beep|
|Size||130 x 59.5 x 37mm|
|Connector accessory||Entel HT|
- Entel HT983 Entry LCD ATEX UHF Two Way Radio
- 7.4v 1800mAh Lithium-Ion battery
- Rapid charger
- Spring loaded belt clip
- High efficiency antenna
- User guide CD
- How to choose two-way radios [Online guide]
- Two-way radio guide [PDF]
- Waterproof radio guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Two-way radio accessory guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Two-way radios [FAQs]
- Ip ratings explained [Online guide]
- License-free or licensed radio [How to choose]
- VHF or UHF radio – what’s the difference?
- Best two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]
- Best Motorola two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]