The Entel HT953 is the only ATEX approved and fully submersible PMR446 radio currently on the market. The Entel HT953 is IP68-rated - withstanding submersion to a depth of 5 metres for 60 minutes. Each radio is tested individually to ensure it meets these high standards.
The HT953 also meets the stringent Mil-Std 810C/D/E/F standards, guaranteeing optimum perfomance while withstanding shock, vibrations, and corrosion from dust and moisture. Its accessory socket is also protected with a shearing point and is designed to withstand rough use. With extra loud audio, this radio is ideal for use in noisy environments and can be used hands free with a VOX-enabled audio accessory.
The high visibility backlit LCD screen displays the 8 PMR446 channels, which can be expanded to 255 with different CTCSS or DCS tones. Its intelligent Lithium-Ion battery technology, which alerts users to immiment battery life expiration and maximises duty cycles is also designed to withstand heavy duty use. The HT953 has optional features such as channel scan, personal attack alarm, Bluetooth and voice scrambler. It can also be upgraded with new features via Flash Upgrade technology and data from one radio can easily be cloned to another.
The range of a PMR446 two way radio varies a lot depending on where you use it. The maximum range given by manufacturers is based on ideal conditions, such as from hilltop to hilltop, but the range you actually get will be much less if you are in a built-up area. Trees, walls, hills and even the weather can affect the range of your radio.
- ATEX approved intrinsically safe - II 2 G Ex ib IICT4 Gb
- IP68 rating - fully submersible to 5m for up to 60 minutes
- Mil-Std 810C/D/E/F standards
- Frequency Range: 446.00625 – 446.09375MHz (HX446E)
- 255 Channels
- CTCSS and DCS with squelch tail elimination
- High visibility backlit LCD display
- Antenna: Whip / stubby
- 1800 mAh Li–Ion battery pack
- Long life Lithium-Ion battery technology
- Battery charge count feature
- Low battery warning
- Robust accessory socket
- Standard and priority channel scan (optional)
- VOX hands free with accessory (optional)
- Transmit time out timer
- Key lock
- Personal attack alarm
- Optional Bluetooth, voice scrambler and voice announcements
- Power Supply Voltage 7.4V DC
- Microphone Internal condenser microphone
- Operating Temperature –20° to +55°
- Size (mm): 59.5(W) x 130(H) x 37(D)
- Weight: 274g with battery and aerial
- Transmitter power output: 0.5W
|Use||For intensive use|
|Comes with case and accessories||Without case|
|ATEX certified||With ATEX certification|
|Water resistant||Water resistant|
|IP Rating||IP68 rating|
|Military standard||Confirmed to military standard|
|Channels - Sub-channels - Codes||255|
|Range||Up to 10km|
|VOX/iVOX hands free||With earpiece|
|Battery||1800 mAh Li–Ion|
|SOS button||With SOS button|
|Vibrate function||Without vibrate function|
|Voice encryption function||Without voice encryption|
|Scan function||With scan function|
|Room monitoring||Without room monitoring|
|Roger Beep||Without roger beep|
|Size||59.5 x 130 x 37mm|
|Connector accessory||Entel HT|
Spring loaded belt clip
- How to choose two-way radios [Online guide]
- Two-way radio guide [PDF]
- Waterproof radio guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Two-way radio accessory guide [FAQs+PDF guide]
- Two-way radios [FAQs]
- Ip ratings explained [Online guide]
- License-free or licensed radio [How to choose]
- VHF or UHF radio – what’s the difference?
- Best two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]
- Best Motorola two-way radios of 2019 [Top 10]
Have a question?
Find answers below or ask our Experts.
If you have any doubt about this product, please submit your questions here and we will respond in the shortest time possible.