Speakerphones: the ideal tool for making conference calls wherever you are!
What is a speakerphone?
A speakerphone is a small speaker which allows you to organise telephone meetings or audio conferences. It connects to the device of your choice, such as smartphones, PCs or tablets, allowing you to initiate a conference call. The device then shares the call audio and amplifies the sound from your communication device, allowing all of your collaborators in the room to listen and participate in the meeting.
Conference speaker phones are equipped with high-performing microphone(s) and speaker(s), which capture and amplify 360-degree sound. It uses wideband audio to deliver crystal clear and rich sound, so you can enjoy superior audio quality in comparison to using your mobile phone speaker. The high-quality sound will make your meetings more productive as every person at the table will be able to hear and be heard without losing time by having to repeat themselves.
Who is the conference speakerphone designed for?
The conference speaker is designed for various working professionals, such as:
- Small businesses: this device is ideal for small businesses which need to regularly participate in conference calls, but do not wish to invest in more technologically advanced conference equipment, either by choice or due to budget limitations. It allows businesses to enjoy high-quality professional conferences without having to compromise on price. Please note, however, that there are also available models which are designed for larger companies organising meetings with more than 12 people in large conference rooms.
- Mobile workers: even if you work alone, either at home or on the go, you may need to talk to your collaborators and current or prospective clients. With a conference speaker, you can enjoy HD sound during your calls, leaving your hands free to take notes and providing you with greater comfort while working. The speakerphone is a small and lightweight device you can slip in your bag and take with you wherever you go, enabling you to lead a conference call wherever and whenever you need.
- Music lovers: even though it is not its primary function, the conference speaker also allows you to stream music from the device of your choice. Maybe you listen to music while you work to boost your productivity? If so, whenever your phone rings, you can then take the call directly from your speaker by simply pressing a button.
How do you connect a speakerphone?
There are three main ways to connect a conference speaker:
- Bluetooth: say goodbye to cables! You can connect your speaker to any communication device equipped with Bluetooth technology, such as a smartphone, tablet or laptop. Your Bluetooth connection will provide you with a wireless range of a few dozen metres. Note that some Bluetooth speakers models may also have cables to give you more options.
- USB (or USB dongle): this allows you to quickly and easily connect the device to your computer (PC or Mac). This type of connection is usually plug and play. All you have to do is plug in the speakerphone and you can instantly start a conference call, without requiring installation or configuration. USB conference speakers are usually compatible with all softphones on the market (remember that a softphone is a software which allows you to make calls directly from your PC), and some are specially optimised for Microsoft Skype for Business.
- 3.5mm jack or USB-C: these options allow you to directly connect the device to your smartphone or tablet. Both of these types of connection are also plug and play.